Thursday, November 4, 2010

Is it already November?!

For some reason my blog has been really acting up and it would not let me post anything forever! But don't worry you haven't missed much. I haven't been up to or done anything exciting in that time. As I reflect back on last month or two the only things I can think of doing are working and going up to Logan for the quickest trip ever for the sealing of my niece and nephew to my sister and brother-in-law. So to continue where I left off back in September..."Summer Desserts Part 2"
The Peach: Starting on the right; an almond peach bread pudding-cake that has been tossed in creme de peche (a peach liqueur) anglaise (a rich custard sauce, essentially melted down vanilla ice cream) and then baked. YUMM!! On top of the cake we have roasted peaches that will remind you of a world in a better place. In the middle of the plate, it's kind of hard to see but there is an almond milk foam that deflated by the time the professional photographer snapped the shot. Just know that it was really cool! On the left is a beautiful sugar lattice bracelet anchored by some sand that is really a brown sugar crumble and a scoop of sour cream ice cream. Which is heaven in and of it self. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this dessert, seriously one of my all time favorite!

The Cherry: As always starting at the bottom; a line of cherry port reduction was drawn onto the plate. Above that we have 2 thin sheets of Manjari (64% Madagascan dark chocolate) chocolate that sandwiches a log of white chocolate pistachio cream. On top of the sandwich is a pistachio sponge cake. Than there is a layer of neatly stacked cherries that have been sauteed in the cherry port reduction. To complete the tower we have a pistachio tuile. To the left; a square of flourless chocolate cake and a scoop of ever so smooth, melt in your mouth creamy pistachio ice cream. Oh ans to top it all off two chocolate curls to add height.


1 comment:

  1. your posts are like looking at heaven on my computer screen.

    ReplyDelete